Monday 21 July 2014

Steven Gerrard Retires From England National Team

Steven Gerrard Retires From England National Team
Liverpool’s captain Steven Gerrard has retired from the England national team.
Gerrard, who won 38 of his 114 international caps as captain, made the decision after spending the past month contemplating his next step following England’s disappointing World Cup performance in Brazil.
“I have enjoyed every minute of representing my country and it is a sad day for me knowing that I won’t pull on the England shirt again,” Gerrard said via the FA website. “This has been a very difficult decision, one of the toughest I’ve had to make in my career. I have agonised over this since coming back from Brazil and have spoken to family, friends and people close to me in the game before coming to this point.
“To ensure I can keep playing to a high level and giving everything to Liverpool Football Club I believe this is the right decision, and having Champions League football back at Anfield is another big factor in my decision.”
Gerrard thanked his family and various England manager before adding: “In particular, the supporters have been amazing, not least in Brazil when they got behind the team despite the disappointing results.

No comments:

Post a Comment