Monday 4 August 2014

Fast-Rising Mavin Act, Korede Bello – “My Fans Are The Bellovers”

Fast-Rising Mavin Act, Korede Bello – “My Fans Are The Bellovers”
Mavin Records’ Korede Bello is one of the fastest-rising acts in the Nigerian music industry.
After a stellar appearance in hit song Dorobucci, and his now-famous wink in the video, Korede Bello is sure to be a star of the future. In an interview with Punch, Bello talked about how he met Don Jazzy and his new found fans.
Excerpts below. The social media was set on fire last weekend with Korede Bello’s ‘wink.’ What is it really about?

I would be lying to you if I tell you that I know how it came about because prior to when we released the Dorobucci video, I did not even know that I winked in that video. But after the video was released, people were just commenting on my social media pages that they liked the wink. Everybody was just talking about the wink; the buzz was not really on the video, so I decided to tell my fans to put up pictures of them doing the wink and alert me.

We learnt you said bead of sweat got into your eyes in the video and that was how the wink came about…

I never said anything like that. If you listen to my part of the song, you would see that the wink actually complemented my part in the video. How did you meet Don Jazzy?

Since I started music, God has always been good to me. I can never be grateful enough. One thing I have learnt is that once it is time, it is actually your time. The truth is that if anyone had told me about two years ago that I would be working with Don Jazzy, I would say it was a big lie but I am working with him right now. A lot of people listen to your songs but it takes just one person to make a difference in your life. That is what happened to me because I released a song called ‘Forever’ and people loved it but it just took one person to listen to it and introduced me to Don Jazzy’s friends. They were also astounded by what they heard and they introduced me to Don Jazzy. He invited us to the studio with my manager, Casmir, we recorded some songs and that was it. When he heard my song, he said that I was a mega super star and that was it.

How did you feel the first day you met him?

Before I met him, I was a big fan of Don Jazzy. I would not lie. I did not feel like a mega super star, I felt really humbled. I was reserved on the outside but on the inside, I kept telling myself that it was really Don Jazzy. At the end of the day, when there is music in the air, everybody is on the same level. I always feel inspired when I am with Don Jazzy, there is no dull moment. When we are having our musical session, everything becomes a sound to us. From the way we laugh to the sound of a knock on the door, anything can be used to make music. People have the notion that when someone sings about love often, he is a womaniser. Are you a womaniser?

I am not a womaniser, I love. I have been loved and I love seeing people who are in love but that does not make me a womaniser. It just makes me a loving person.

Are you in a relationship?

I am actually in a relationship with my fans that I call Bellovers. I am also in a relationship with God.

Do you have a girlfriend?

I have no comment on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment